Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A heart to heart

Have you ever felt like you were just born to do something? Something that just comes so naturally and that you greatly enjoy? For me that is, first and foremost, being a mother. I can not even put into words how much pride and joy I take in my children (I'm sure all you mothers out there can relate!). It's such a strange feeling- to be all about yourself for so long and then in the blink of an eye your entire world is turned upside down and you can't even remember what it was like pre-kids. It's like that is some far away world that you can't ever get back to, nor do you want to!

I am such a care-taker which is why I feel that I was also made to be a personal trainer. I truly care about my clients, their results, their feelings, their goals. I want to be there for them. I want to answer questions and hold their hand when they are feeling low. But I also want to give them tough love when they need it and provide them with kick-ass workouts that leave them cursing my name :)

I have been reflecting so much lately. What is my purpose? What am I to do with the talent I have (I don't feel I have much! Haha!)? And then it hit me, while I was washing dishes and listening to my son read a chapter out of his take home book from his reading group in class. I am using my talent and my passions right now. They are not being wasted, and that sent the biggest sigh of relief through me.

I have a hard time with feeling like I'm not doing enough, I can always be better, do better. Not necessarily in the fitness aspect, at least that's not what I'm referring to here. But using what I have been given- knowledge, gifts, talents, education, etc..-to my fullest potential.

I love my job. I am a wife, a mother, and a personal trainer. And I am good at what I do because, to me, it's not a job- it's my life! It's who I am, what my bones are made of. And I want to spread my heart for these things to you all. I want this blog to be a space where you are able to find what you are looking for: Health, recipes, workouts, tips, motherhood, marriage, life. There are things that I'll be tweaking and changing up on here over the next couple months to make this blog just that!

I hope that you all find what it is that you are meant to do....and then DO IT! Don't waste time on questioning it. Have faith, jump, and don't look back!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Recreation: Community, Corporate, Hospital Wellness major at Pitt. State and we have so many classes where we do programming, personal training, and group fitness. I have been asking myself "what's your niche" the past year I have found it and I LOVE doing what I love. It's awesome. Keep kicking ass girl, you're awesome!

    Check me out: refusetosink33.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant agree with you more! Being a mother comes natural to me as well and Im always doubting myself thinking I can be a better mother. You are very fortunate to be doing what you love. Im slowing getting to where I want to be, I need to let go of my fears and just go for it!

    Check me out: sweetcomfymess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete